Have you ever seen those TikToks where someone lists the things that humans do that they find to be cute and unique? If not, I highly suggest you do. They are positive, nuanced messages that show just how much others do pay attention to what we do, how we react, and other things that make us individuals.
I love those videos so much that I’ve decided to curate my own list of just a few things that humans do that I think are really cute and should be acknowledged.
- When someone’s talking with their headphones in and doesn’t realize that they’re shouting. This never fails to make me laugh and bring a smile to my face.
- When someone drops something and their whole body starts to flail as they try to catch itn and then they look around trying to see if anybody saw them. You know you saw them, but you giggle to yourself and keep on walking.
- I love hearing people’s tone rise in excitement when they’re talking about the things they’re passionate about. Tell me more. Tell me everything about everything you’ve ever loved.
- I love hearing people explain the characters in the book they’re reading. Yes, please tell me everything about them and talk about them like they’re real people. The way people interpret what they read says so much about who they are, too, and that brings me joy when I get to see it unfold.
- When you ask someone a really random question and instead of questioning you, they give an elaborate answer and go along with the joke.
This list could go on forever, but these are just a few of the things that humans do that I think are cute and should be acknowledged. Do you catch yourself picking up on things like this too? If you do, I highly urge you to make a mental note of them, they’ll help you to see the world in a more nuanced light and make you more appreciate for the humans around you.