Well, folks, it’s been a while since my last seasonal reading list and for that, I am deeply apologetic. BUT! I have recently started a new series and I am feeling inspired to write these articles once again. “But Stef, what series is it?” you may or may not be wondering at the minute. To be honest, I’m a little hesitant to say it because I am so late to the party… but who doesn’t love a grand entrance? I’ve started A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and I am HOOKED. Since I’m almost done with the first book in the ACOTAR series and the second book is next on my radar, I figured I would share the rest of the titles that I hope to hop into this spring. Happy reading!
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas – The second book of the ACOTAR series.
- The rest of the ACOTAR series – Duh.
- Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell – I LOVE a good thriller (I think it might be my favorite genre, tbh.) and this one sounds like it’s exactly the kind of thing I would enjoy. There are lies, deceits, multiple twists and turns, and more.
- Conversations with Friends by Sally Rooney – I read Normal People and was completely obsessed with it so this seems like the logical next step. Rooney has a way of developing her characters in such small ways throughout the entirety of the plot that by the end you realize the characters are almost completely different from the people they were when the story first started. Her writing development is unparalleled.
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab – If I remember correctly, I think I included this book on a past seasonal reading list. Even if I didn’t, it’s been taunting me for months now as it sits on my shelf, staring at me, begging me to open it and flip to the first page. Believe me, I so want to. It sounds mystical and magical and all things lovely but… I’m nervous. It’s so hyped up and it sounds like something I would be completely enamored with, but I’m afraid it’s going to let me down, that it will fall flat. But alas, I will never know until I turn to page one…
I hope this list inspired you to pick up a book or to read any of these titles along with me. If not, thank you for reading this anyway. Perhaps I’ll be back with a reading update in the near future…