By Stephanie Dawber
US accuses Russia of violating Ukraine truce
- The US has accused Russia of deploying more air defense systems in Ukraine in breach of a ceasefire deal. According to the BBC, “The state department also said Russia was involved in training separatist forces in the area and building up its forces along the border.”
French Police Arrest Terror Suspect
- French police have arrested a Sid Ahmed Ghlam, a 24- year-old Algerian man suspected of planning an attack on “one or two churches” in a Paris suburb. The suspect was detained in Paris after he apparently shot himself by accident and called an ambulance. Ghlam is also being questioned over the murder of a woman on Sunday.
President Obama visits Everglades on Earth Day
- President Barack Obama visited the South Florida Everglades on Wed. April 22 to lend urgency to his environmental agenda. The president declared the dangers of climate change as an imminent threat to the Florida’s tourist economy.
Bobbi Kristina Brown’s brain damage rumored to be irreversible
- Bobbi Kristina Brown, the daughter of celebrities Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston, has “global and irreversible brain damage,” reported CNN. The grandmother, Cissy Houston, told the media in a statement that Bobbi remains unresponsive but no longer in a medically induced coma.
Desisa First One to Cross Boston Marathon Finish Line
- On Mon. April 20, Desisa, a 25-year-old Ethiopian, won the men’s elite race in Boston. He crossed the finish line in 2 hours, 9 minutes, and 17 seconds.
Tufts University Students Stage Sit-in
- Students and alumni at Tufts University entered the university president’s office and began a sit-in that they said will continue until the administration commits to fossil fuel divestment.
Stephanie Dawber is the News Editor of The Comment. Follow her on Twitter @StephanieDawber.